Saturday, July 30, 2005

No Food!!!!!!!!!!

You cant take food through customs on the way into Canada!!!!!!!!!!

You have to go through the "I have something to declare" bit and hand in all your food!

Thats a bit over-cautious dont u think...?! They have foot and mouth disease there now anyway, so what are they trying to keep out?!

If I take food in anyway, could they arrest me?! If I pretend to have diplomatic immunity, would they believe me?! Does toothpaste count as food?!

Something always goes wrong when I travel. Like the time I got stopped by those security guards somewhere in the Gulf for having a gun in my bag.

My plan is, If anything goes wrong I'll pretend I dont speak English. Or any other widely known language. I'll pretend to speak in an African sub-continental dialect.

But Ive decided Im not gonna panic. Millions of people travel by plane every day, and they dont all get arrested. Only the ones that do illegal things (...including smuggling food into other countries...?!). Nothing will go wrong. Ive been on planes thousands of times and its been mostly OK.
We were watching a bit of Castaway at Keswick, and Emily helpfully pointed out that if my plane crashes, I probably wont make it to an island so I wont have to be lonely.
Great. Apparently I lack stamina. Thats one thing in my favour at least!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home