Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Yoga 'Pants'

Today I decided that the time had come for me to get some new yoga 'pants'. (I use the inverted commas because I hate Americanisms, but 'yoga trousers' doesn't sound right). My old yoga 'pants' were very old and had never been particularly flattering, and to be honest, I can't actually remember where I got them, and I have had a sneaking suspicion that they may have originally been pyjama bottoms... These yoga 'pants' are far more comfortable than the old ones, and they even came with a free mantra: My life is a creation of my mind. I find that more terrifying than soothing. I don't know I lot about yoga, but I'm pretty sure it's more about calm than terror. I always knew I'd be bad at yoga.

The yoga pants I bought are soooo comfortable. It is so easy to move in them (this coming from someone who wears jeans day in day out). It's like being naked, but without getting cold. And they feel really nice against my skin. They are nice and baggy, but with just the right amount of pressure around the waist to feel comfortably secure. Like they aren't going to start sliding while you're trying to hold a plank and breathe without making noises that sound like you're giving birth.



The thing is, they are so comfortable that I could quite happily wear them for the rest of my life. However, I am the kind of person who is totally against dressing as though I am on the way to the gym when I'm actually just going about normal life... It's so pretentious! In the past, I'll admit, I have dashed out to buy a pint of milk and a newspaper wearing pyjama bottoms. But in my opinion, that was acceptable, because it wasn't pretentious; I was dressed as though I was the kind of person who is a slob at the weekend. So basically, someone with a pretty normal lifestyle.


Though having said all that stuff about being pretentious, I don't actually do yoga. Never have, and probably never will. My body was most definitely not designed with yoga in mind. I wear them for circuit training (Yep! I still go!).


....And it would be nice to wear these yoga 'pants' out of the house. We'll see what happens.


In the mean time, I'd like to encourage all of you to go out and get your own pair!
(And no, they AREN'T chavvy. Unless you're wearing them behind a bus station, while swigging a can of White Star that someone in your Krew stole from the Spar down the road).





1 Comments:

At 7:47 pm, Blogger Robbie said...

When you were saying about them being baggy but comfortable at the waist I couldnt help but imagine MC Hammer pants :D
Did you opt for grey ones too?
So you used to do circuit training in your pyjamas?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home