Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Starting the Heatwave Early

Today it was a whopping 18C.


I know it sometimes feels like I only ever talk about the weather on this blog, and some of you may be thinking, 'If you can't think of anything interesting to say, don't post. Don't just talk about the weather'. But seriously, the weather is very interesting at the moment.


Plus, I'm English. I was practically brought up to talk about the weather. It's what we do.


Also, when the population of the whole planet is wiped out because of all this global warming, and aliens more suited to living in hot/flooded climate move here, they can check out my blog and work out what happened.


I'll be famous.


They will print all this out, and make it into a history textbook.


Though, to be honest, I've never particularly had a burning desire to write a history textbook.


And I kinda hope that this blog is too interesting to be a history textbook.



Anyway, today, when I went shopping, I saw:

A long queue of people by the ice cream vans

Lots of people wearing sunglasses

Some people in shorts

People in vest tops/boob tubes/topless etc. (The topless people were boys, and the people in boob tubes were girls. Just in case you were wondering...)

Loads of people in t-shirts

A few people wearing coats (but those were the goths who wear coats all summer to avoid getting a tan...)


Which basically means that it's summer.


And if you don't find that evidence conclusive, I've been craving fruit all day.


'nuff said.





So.... surely starting summer in March could have some serious implications...?!



I've decided not to care though.

You shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth (or something like that).


I'm bored of winter. It's been winter for ages, and I'm over it. I want something new now.


Bring on summer!



This is a picture of Jack Johnson surfing. Which, I thought, would be a good way to illustrate summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home