Thursday, May 11, 2006

Feeling Hot Hot Hot

Its so hot today!!!! =D

I didn't bother going into school.
Well, actually, I was gonna go in for the revision for Luke's Gospel, so I walked the whole way to school (a whole 10 mins) and signed in, then wandered around school waiting for the bell to ring, then realised that hardly anyone in yr 11 was in, and decided that if they weren't gonna bother coming in, I might as well take the opportunity to enjoy the sun like them. I I walked back to the office, signed myself out (realised that I'd only been in school for 6 mins) then walked home and sat in the sun.

I've had quite a lot of exercise today, coz I took Honey out, and I actually ran for a whole 2 miles. Fortunately Honey stops to pee a lot, so I had lots of opportunities to stop and try and get my heart to slow down a bit...
Then, about 30mins after I got back, the secretary from my sisters school phoned and said she'd forgotten her swimming stuf, so could I take it in for her. I love my sister, but she uses those poor secretaries as her own PAs. She's always going in to get them to phone home coz she'd forgotten something, or to borrow their phone(!!!).
She's gonna have to get out of that habit before she joins my school next year. School secretaries do not have time to waste.
Anyway, I took her swimming stuff in for her, and it was like taking a walk down memory lane. Loads of memories of my time at primary school came flooding back....until I actually got to the primary school. It looks like a concentration camp now. It has a huge metal fence the whole way round it, with huge metal security gates that automatically lock. You can't get in without asking one of the secretaries over a built-in intercom system. And when they finally buzz you in, the gate weights about 10 tons, so it's still a lot of effort.

Back in the days when I was there, there was no security at all. We could have walked out of school in the middle of the day, and the only thing that stopped us from leaving was the knowledge that the teachers would track us down and then beat us with a metre stick that had drawing pins sticking out of it.

ANYWAY, after that I came back and sat in the garden 'revising'. It was really hard to read the text book without sun glasses on, but I don't wear sun glasses between the hours of 11 and 3 because I don't wanna end up with a 'sun glasses tan'. Thats not vanity - thats just not wanting to look like a racoon for the rest of the summer.

I found 4 bottles of sun cream and 2 bottles of aftersun in my room from last summer. Apparently sun cream kinda goes out of date, so I'll probably have to get some more.
One of the bottles was the spray one that is blue when you put it on and then fades, so you can see if you've covered everywhere.
One was just normal sun cream.
One was water sports suncream that was waterproof (duh) and it wasn't meant to go slimy in water (coz I hate that) but it didn't work that well.
The other one was oil free sun cream that doesn't block your pores. Its got French and English writing on it, so I think I got it from Canada last summer...
One of the bottles of aftersun is the 2 in 1 mosquito repellant and after sun that I took to canada last summer. I still think its pure genius, although I think they may have to increase the concentration of mosquito repellant a bit....

I'm sure that all this good weather is because I've been listening to Jack Johnson. Its definitely summer music, and I think it makes the sun come out.

So do the rest of the UK a favour by listening to this song! =P





Music Video Codes by VideoCure.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home