Saturday, February 25, 2006

New Computer!!! =D

We have a new computer!!!!! =D

Its a Dell Media Centre thingy, for those of you who are interested... It has a flat screen, which means its less IN MY FACE now. Which means I won't be blind by the time I'm legal to drive. Which is nice.

So anyway, to try out the media centre part of it, me and josh were watching Star Wars 3 this morning, except it took ages, coz he kept doing print screens to make his own 'original' screen saver. We sat there happily infringing copyright laws for about 2 hours (during which I managed to badly burn microwave popcorn...we still ate it though!), until we crashed it. Well - we didn't exactly crash it. It said the whole, "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" thing, and then shut itself down.

Normally when it says that, I'm thinking, "Stupid computer!!! There was nothing wrong with that!!! I was acting normal, and now you've accused me of mucking everything up!!!". But this time I couldn't exactly argue...we had been doing something illegal. It was so fun though. (Plus, maybe not all that illegal either...since we own the DVD...?!)

Anyway, he got a bit annoyed with me coz I kept on moving the mouse or pausing it just as he hit print screen (we all know my reflexes aren't amazing...). So some of the pics got a bit mucked up, coz the control panel thing came up in the middle of Anikan's face... not a good look.

Also, in the bit just after Anikan has been having a nightmare about Padme dying, and she says, "Don't worry, I promise you I won't die" and Anikan answers, "No, I promise you!", I was sitting there, feeling suitably moved by the emotion of it all, and Josh piped up, "Oh well...that was pointless - neither of them keep their promise, do they?!"

Hmm..... he had a point there....

But it's so upsetting.

Another upsetting part is where Anikan accidently sets himself on fire. Coz I kinda liked his hair before it all burnt off. We also noticed that when he becomes Darth Vader, he has buttons on the front of him. Can't you so see him throttling someone with the force after they try to press one of his buttons?! hahaha. What are they for, anyway?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home