Friday, September 01, 2006

Results!

The phone call that was to decide my destiny arrived while I was in a supermarket. I answered the phone and all I could hear was people screaming in the school hall, about 200 miles away. (I heard them through the phone... they weren't so loud that I heard them without it!)

I shouted, 'Go somewhere quieter, I can't hear you!!!', and then realised I had the attention of everyone in the shop.

Eventually, Elizabeth (and someone else who sounded like Tanya, speaking in the background) read me my results, I said them out loud to my Dad, and he wrote them down for me:

Maths: A (Can you believe it?! I made her check about 10 times!!!)
English Language: A
English Literature: A*
Chemistry: A
Biology: A
Physics: B (I know....poo....)
French: A*
RE: B (Again....poo....)
Health and Social Care: A*, A*.

I also got a letter that told me I got a top 5 score for Health and Social Care. It says, '.....I am very pleased to tell you that you are amongst the group of candidates who scored one of the top 5 marks in Health and Social Care (Double Award) this summer. There were 5566 candidates for the examination, so this is an exceptional result.....'
Get that?!
Exceptional.

It went on a bit longer, using more words that are a bit like 'exceptional', but not as satisfying to say.
It also said that they informed my school. Well, I actually already knew that, because my teachers phoned me up, and they sounded more excited than I was. Although that might have been because it was a bit weird being phoned by my teachers... so it took a while for what they were saying to sink in.

Anyway, it would have been nice if I'd made it into the top 5 of a more academic subject. Like French or Chemistry or Maths or something. But to be honest, I was kinda shocked that I got As in Maths and Chemistry. I really worried about those 2... Apparently Sister Margaret is very proud of me. I was hoping I could make her proud. She always believed in me. If I ever win the Nobel Prize, I'll mention her in my acceptance speech. =)

So now I am in a bit of a dilemma, because I was planning to do physics next year, to try and fool universities into thinking I can do maths. But somehow I managed to end up with a higher grade in maths than in physics.

Now what?

I decided that I didn't want to do physics, because it kinda looks like I'm rubbish at it, and had everyone believing I actually knew what I was talking about when I didn't. I thought it would be better to do French, because I really am good at French (I'm not just pretending!). But then I just realised that French and Chemistry are in the same option block....so I can't do French. So I've decided to do physics - just for one year.

(Brace yourselves for the inevitable series of Physics Bashing Posts that will be written over the course of the next year.)

Anyway. At least it's all over now.

Actually, it might not all be over now, because I heard a rumour that the teachers might be appealing our RE results (apparently most people did really badly...).

I'll pretend it's all over though, because in a few days I will be starting 6th Form.
It's so weird.

I feel like I'd be better suited to starting back in Yr 7. But I might end up in my sisters class. So I'd better not.
Thats another weird thing. I'm going to go from having no siblings at my school, to seeing 2 siblings at school. Because I'll be spending half my time over at the boys school (where I'll see Josh. Who has just started his GCSEs. Poor boy...) and the other half of my time at the girls side, where I'll see my sister, who will only just be starting secondary school. (Cue: Awwwwww.....)

I feel so old. Especially since I have a job now.
It feels weird saying, "I'm going to work now, see you later". Or, "No, I can't meet up then - I'll be at work.".
And now I'll have to say, "I'm off to 6th Form now." Hmmm. I won't say that actually, will I?! I'll just say, "I'm off to school."

Anyway. Yeah. Weird.

According to Phelan, we start on Tuesday, but we only have to go in to confirm which classes we'll be doing. And then we go in on Wednesday for some kind of induction (sounds like joining a cult or a gang...), and then on Thursday I think we have Mass or Assembly. I have no idea when we actually start working. Hopefully not for a few years. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home