Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Roads are Melting.

That's how hot it is.
36C and rising.

I had to go out and get more sun cream today, and the bus was like squeezing 10 grown men into a 1 man tent in the Sahara desert. In fact, it may have been worse. I like to call it the 'Inverse Lynx Effect'.

Someone had left a copy of the Evening Standard on the bus, so I picked it up and started reading it to try and take my mind off the heat. Apparently they sent their reporters around London on public transport yesterday to record the average temperature.
On a bus, it was 52C and on the Underground it was 47C. (That was after taking humidity into account).

So that made the bus feel even hotter.

And I'm goint into London on Friday, so I'll be using the underground. It's claustraphobic down there at the best of times. I'm definitely travelling off peak!


Avril Lavigne got married on Saturday. They had a traditional wedding on a private estate in California with a white dress and the wedding march and everything - which is unusual for 2 rock stars. (No...don't leave me comments saying that Avril and Sum41 aren't rock. Rock is a very broad term, and it does inculde them. So there.)

They both look so cute together. I really hope it lasts.

Their first dance was to 'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls. I love that song, but I wouldn't pick it as my wedding song. I've already decided: it's going to be 'Have I told you lately?' by Van Morrison.




In contrast to the traditional wedding, the reception was quite gothic and had a red theme.

Everybody at the reception got a....erm....'guitar pick thing' with 'Deryck picked Avril' and 'Avril picked Deryck' written on the picks. Is it possible for something to be original and cheesy at the same time?!



Anyway, they make such a cute couple. They look so right together. When they got engaged, I thought she could to so much better than him, but now I think i was just being really shallow, because he seems really sweet and romantic.

I'm still trying to work out what was wrong with his shoes, but they really don't look right....

Oh, and she had 2 different dresses - one for the wedding and one for the reception.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home