Thursday, June 07, 2007

It's heeeeeere!

My new Laptop/Notebook/whatever you want to call it is here!


In fact, I'm typing this on it! Can you tell?! Is there a different, more modern, feel to this blog now?!


Vista is beeeeeautiful.


I'm getting the hang of the 'non-mouse' thing really fast. I hate using the mice (mouses?!) that don't have the spinny wheel to scroll up and down, but on this laptop, there are lines along the sides of the touchy square thing that you use for the mouse, and if you slide your finger up and down the lines, it scrolls!!!

(Sorry about my lack of technical terms).


For those of you who are interested, it's a Dell Inspiron 6400.


And now, the information you've all been waiting for:

It's silver with white bits, and it's got the media buttons on the front. =)



Sorry about the flash on the screen.....

As you can (kind of) see, there are little things down the right hand side of the screen. They are not excessively large icons, they are amazingly cool representations of the wonders of modern technology. (They have a proper name, but I can't remember it).

The top one is a clock. An analogue one, with hands and everything. Analogue clocks are way better than digital ones, because it's easier to time yourself when you hold your breath, or eat a banana as fast as possible, or check your pulse etc. when you have a second hand to watch.

The second thing down is a little notepad that you can leave yourself reminders or messages or jokes or inspirational quotes on.

The third thing down tells you the weather and temperature for your location. If you need to know if it's raining, you don't even have to look out of the nearest window. It's there....right at the side of your screen. Incredible.

The fourth thing down gives you news as it happens!!! So, for instance, I can tell you that 14 mins ago, The Guardian published an article entitled 'Harvard Students Scalping Tickets'. Which is really handy. There are so many practical applications of how that could be useful on a daily basis. Like if the world was about to end, I'd know about it, and I'd be able to e-mail all my friends who don't have Vista, and tell them.

The fifth thing is a little photo slideshow. It goes through all the pictures on your hard drive and displays them randomly.

So. I bet you all wish you had Vista now.

The only problem is that I can't find our wireless network to connect to. So far I've been bootlegging someone elses broadband. I know it's technically 'not the done thing', but if they didn't want people connecting to their network, they would have put a password on it, right? So they are obviously just very kind, generous people. Possibly hippies.

And as soon as we find a way of UN-hiding our network, I will join it. This broadband I'm on at the moment is a bit slow, and it keeps crashing. Probably because lots of other people are 'sharing' it.

3 Comments:

At 10:10 pm, Blogger Mike White said...

Nice laptop! I seem really old and dated now with my old 'non dual' laptop.

You better hope your blog gets a 'more modern' feel otherwise my blog will the crazily exciting blog wars!

 
At 3:32 pm, Blogger ianbee said...

What about the bag? I want to see the laptop bag!

PS how fast can you eat a banana then?

 
At 9:51 am, Blogger Theoden said...

Nice to see you got one.. good choice as well if i may say so myself

Nice to see you are liking vista as well :). Also the 'things' are called gadgets and you have been able to get similar on xp via google desktop for a while now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home