Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Procrastination

I should really be revising right now. Seriously. I nearly cried in an exam this morning coz I didn't know anything. Nearly, but not quite. I haven't cried in an exam since our year 10 end of year Chemistry exam. And I think I only cried in that because quite a few other people were crying as well. So it seemed more natural.

Anyway.

I found a link on someone elses blog to a website that gives you a map of how all the other people in the country with your surname are distributed.

White means nobody has your surname. Then it kinda goes up the rainbow from there (skipping out blue and green) til purple. Purple is highest, yellow is lowest.
See the little red dot where South London approximately is?! I make up that!!! If I didn't exist, that red dot could be orange instead.
Its good to know that your life actually counts for something, isn't it?

I know that theres other people around here with the same surname as me, because I was trying to get a book out of the library once, and my card had expired coz I hadn't got a book out in 4 years, and they were trying to find all my details on their computer, and theres a woman called Judy with my surname, but she's married and has kids. So thats a whole family of people with my surname, who aren't related to me, and who I've never met. (Did you follow that?!)

I also need to tell you to ignore the tips I gave in my last post aboput how to keep cool at night. They are too good. For the past 2 nights, I've been waking up shivering. Wait until it gets hot again. =)

And an update on the wind turbine hugging front: The man came today to look at our roof and see where he's gonna put the solar panels. By the time I got home from doing nothing, he was in the kitchen finishing the paperwork. He said that he'd had problems getting into my brothers room to look at the roof. Poor man. I tried to borrow a pair of my brothers socks this morning, so I went up to find some.
It was the stench that hit me first - before I'd even managed to look in. Then, as his room actually came into view, I noticed that his bed was hidden behind a pile of dirty clothes. Looking around the dirty clothes, I noticed that there aren't actually any sheets on his bed. How long has he been sleeping on the bare matress?! And what happened to his duvet?!
I climbed on top of the layer of 'stuff'' on his carpet and staggered across to his chest of drawers. The drawers were kinda empty. Full of boxer shorts that he probably hasn't worn in a long time, because they look quite small, and some of them have cartoon characters on them which I would have recognised if I'd seen in the tumble drier recently.
There is probably a whole dish-washer load full of dirty cups, plates, bowls etc up there, and the smell is probably a mixture of man sweat (worse than boy sweat) and rotting food. And maybe decomposing rat carcases.

One thing in his favour though - it's not dark up there. Because the roof slants, theres not really much point in putting up curtains on the windows as they would just...erm....hang downwards. And not cover the window. Ages ago he was talking about putting a blind up there, but it looks like he never bothered.

Anyway, what was I saying?!
The solar panel man.
He told me that Josh would have to clear out his room, because the men were gonna have to do work on the roof. He also said that he thought something had moved under the bed, and he wasn't sure what it was since mum had said Josh was out. I tried to reassure him, but he left soon after that.

My brothers a bit embarrassed as well. He's actually had a bit of a clear out.

I hope that man didn't go in my room....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home