Sunday, September 03, 2006

4 year old Psychologist

I was sitting in the car with my 4 yr old cousin, Annie, a few days ago. She was chattering away quite happily, about all the usual 4 yr old stuff like what her favourite colour is, and how she likes puppies and kittens, and her favourite ice cream flavour...

...and then she paused, put her hand on my knee, turned to face me properly, and said, 'I'm not being rude or anything, but do you have a boyfriend?'.

I was a bit surprised, in an amusing kind of way, but I answered her, 'No, I don't'.

She looked at me for a few seconds, taking in my response, and then she said, 'Oh, right. I just had to ask, because most girls your age do have boyfriends you know...?'

Cheers Annie.

Anyway, I thought it was quite funny, so I told her Mum about the conversation we'd had.

Later I heard her telling someone else, 'Yes.....she doesn't have a boyfriend..... I'm pretty sure it's because she doesn't like the snogging part.'

?!


She's 4. Who told her what snogging is?!
It they had to talk to her about that sort of thing, I wish they'd used more up to date language.
I mean, c'mon, my parents use the word 'snog'. Not good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home