Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Debate Society

Yep, I joined it. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

After a few days, and a lot of ridicule, I wasn't so sure. But We had our first debate on Thursday ('This House would Abolish the Monarchy') and it was really good fun. And my side won. Not through any amazing arguments on my part, but there were some pretty good people on my side. They refferred to people on the opposition as 'The Right Honorable Gentleman' and things like that. They sounded quite experienced.

We were against. Obviously. The Queen is sweet. Why would I want to get rid of her?


Anyway, I'm glad I joined now.

The only problem is, it's on the same day as football. At the same time.

Paul is back from university now, and he'll be coaching us again, because Wes has decided to be a Fitness Trainer (much to Malikah's disgust!).

As you can imagine, she's heart broken. But I'm giving her the necessary therapy, and reminding her that she once claimed to be in love with Paul, until he left and a few months later she claimed to be in love with Wes. (And then Niall. And then she went out with Niall. She went out with our football coach. Against my adivce. And then decided to never go against my advice again. But we try not to talk about that now. ;-P )

So yeah. My point is, she will probably find herself in love with Paul again soon. He seems like less of a player than Wes (in the girls sense - not the football sense!) so maybe thats not such a bad thing. I don't know how much drama I can cope with at the moment.

But now I'm kinda in a dilemma. Should I continue going to football, or should I go to the Debate Society?

I think it's gonna have to be the Debate Society.

It's all about the UCAS points, baby! ;-)


I have an innappropriate song stuck in my head.
'Stacey's Mum has got it going on, she's all I want and I've waited for so long...'

Good thing I don't know anyone called Stacey.

Stacey is a popular name to write songs about. The new song by The Zutons is called 'Stacey'.
Or is it called 'Oh Stacey'? Whatever. It's about someone called Stacey.


'Lola' is another name that there are a lot of songs about. I know someone called Lola. I think Lola is a cool name. =)

This post has fallen apart. I was actually only going to write about the Debate Society, and about how next Thursday we are debating whether alcohol is the root of all evil.
In November I will be speaking at a debate about whether we should restrict the influence of Hollywood. I'm speaking for it.

There.

I'll shut up now, and stop wasting fibre optic cables and all the other bits that make up the internet.
Also stop wasting time. Coz I have a lot of work to do. I haven't been very focussed recently.
Argh.

SHUT UP!

I'm going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home