Sunday, November 12, 2006

I'm such a good gardener!!!

I got some plants on my 16th birthday, to try and convince myself that I'm ready for responsibility, and can keep things alive etc.

I have 6 cactuses (I think the plural is meant to be 'cacti' but 'cactuses' sounds better), A little Christmas tree thing (I don't know what it really is) and a pink flowery plant thing (I also don't know the name of that).

I accidently sent the plants into a bit of a comatose state several times. Most of the time it wasn't my fault, coz I was on holiday or something.... But I kept on just about reviving them. I have one plant that is technically supposed to have lots of pink flowers on it, but it hasn't actually had any flowers in aaaaaages because I keep sending it back into a coma before it has a change to make any flowers.

BUT, I must've gone through a spurt of maturity or responsibility or something, because it has flowers again!!!!!!!

LOOK:


Admittedly, the Christmas Tree thing is dead and brown and crunchy on the front half, but the back half is very green and alive. (How does that happen? HOW? I think it's actually quite clever...)

But the plant has a massive pink flower.

And lots of little pink buds that will become massive pink flowers because I will continue to nurture the plant.

Here is a close up of the plant:

See? Thats a LOT of buds. It will look quite exotic if they all become big flowers...

I'll take another photo when they all become flowers.

I don't know what the screws are next to the plant. They've been there for ages. I think they might have been some extra screws from my wardrobe that I thought were unnecessary. Thats the awkward thing about Ikea furniture. I mean, I love Ikea and everything, but I sometimes wonder whether they accidently put in extra bits by mistake, because they make them very cheaply....

The wardrobe is staying up fine though.

Ohhhh..... they might be from my sisters old desk that I pulled apart?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home