Monday, June 18, 2007

Biology Field Trip

Today was Day 1 of the biology trip.

I'm not really looking forward to Day 2, because it POURED with rain most of today.

I'm definitely taking wellies when we go back tomorrow.


It's the kind of place that has those really fanatical, David Attenborough - type people. With the anoraks and everything.... And also no signal, so that you cant txt people to tell them exactly how much of your will to live has been lost...

At the end of the day, we did something that can only be described as 'yoga with numbers'. Seriously, we stretched them and bent them in ways that seemed like they should have been impossible. And afterwards, we knew we'd managed to do something difficult, but were left wondering whether it actually did any good...
It is called the Mann Whitney U Test, and apparently is a widely accepted statistical technique.

Anyway, tomorrow we are going back to start our coursework investigations.
I will be looking at the effect soil has on the frequency of the occurance of Bluebells.
I don't know why I came up with that topic, because I know absolutely nothing about it.

Something tells me this is going to be a steep learning curve. =/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home