Tuesday, June 26, 2007

last.fm

The more observant among you will have noticed a new addition to this blog.

Did you notice?!

It's over there ------>

That blue thing with a list of the most recent tracks I listened to.

Pretty cool, huh?



One of my friends started talking about Last.fm, and I suddenly remembered that I have an account. So I went to the website and tried to log in, but I couldn't remember my password. And I couldn't get them to e-mail me my password, because it asked for my username, which I'd also forgotten.
I spent ages trying all my usernames I could remember, and trying each of my passwords with them (I reuse passwords. I have 3 'core' ones that I use for most things)
It all got a bit complicated....

So I did the only thing I could have done in a situation like that; I phoned a g33k. (This g33k)
I got him to sign on to Last.fm, and find out my username. It was Monkey007. I mean, what kind of idiot comes up with a username like that?! ;-)
Seriously though, I never put numbers in my usernames, because I'm scared of numbers, so it must have been one of those 'suggested' usernames that the website gave me coz all the good ones were taken... =/

Anyway, I tried that with all of my 'core' passwords, and it worked! =) (I can't remember which one it was now...)


So I have downloaded the thingy that hugs onto Windows Media Player tight enough to hear what I'm listening to, and then it tells the internet.

And apparently, it makes you a personal radio station that only has stuff you like on it!
Which really appeals to my Inner Princess, that likes to be waited on, hand and foot. =)

I never knew about the personal radio station when I used it before!



However, this little episode in the soap opera that is my life has reminded me of a little niggling concern that started on Sunday.
I mean, Mike didn't seem at all surprised when I phoned him up and asked for my last.fm username. I didn't even have to explain anything. I just said, 'What's my Last.fm username?', and he said, 'Hold on, I'll just check'.
And on Sunday night, I phoned Elisabeth and said, 'What lessons do I normally have on Tuesdays', and she said, 'Biology and French' without even having to think much.
And the week before, I phoned her up and asked what my holiday dates for this summer are, and she told me.
Those are just 3 of many examples I could give you of people being more 'on top' of my life than I am.

How will I cope next summer when I have to start looking after myself?

HOW?!

These are the kind of things they should have told us in UCAS week.

Is living on your own one of those things that seem impossible, but when you try it, you realise you can do it?! Like touching your little toe to your forehead, and other stuff like that...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home