Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hot Fuzz: Part 2

We had a sleepover round Em's house last night (yep, technically on a SCHOOL NIGHT, though none of us had any lessons today...but it still felt deliciously rebellious).

We watched all the 'usual' DVDs, and some new ones that will probably end up being added to the 'usual' list.

One of the films we watched was Hot Fuzz - a first for me.
I was pleasantly surprised.... it's not the kinda thing I'd normally go for, and I was slightly worried that it was going to be really gory and violent.
It's quite a good film, actually.
It is gory and violent, but in a very far fetched, artificial way, so that the overall effect isn't particularly scary. (Either that, or I'm becoming hardened and desensitized by this cruel world...)
Also, the 2 cops looked SO MUCH like our cops, that we couldn't really be scared of them.


Oh, that reminds me, I had another run in with our cops last week!

I was walking back through that subway (with different friends this time), and there were some more police officers loitering there...
A policewoman stopped us and started asking us questions about whether we think it is too dangerous to use the subway at night (uh.....DUH!), and about whether we know of anything illegal that goes on in it. Evidently the graffiti and drug paraphernalia down there is not a large enough indicator for them.
Anyway, while we were answering her questions, those 2 policemen who had stopped us for supposedly smoking dope in the subway cycled up and stopped.
They both smiled at me, and Blond Guy said, 'So....is this the third most exciting thing that's ever happened to you?'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home