Wednesday, August 22, 2007

'Compare People'

I received a Facebook invitation to add an application called 'Compare People'.



I thought it seemed interesting, so I added it, instead of clicking 'ignore' like I normally do. =)





It's actually quite good fun!



Basically, it asks you questions, such as, 'Who would you rather be stuck with on a desert island?' and shows you 2 of your friends, and you have to click on the appropriate person.



It stores all of the info, and then uses everyones statistics to compare you with your friends.



At the moment, I'm winning for 'Person with the Best Smile', 'Best Shopping Companion', 'Most Talkative', and 'Person who would make a Better Mother'

When it shows the results, it tells you your rank (1st, 2nd etc), the number of times you were compared with someone else, the number of votes you won, and the percentage of votes you won.

Looking through my results has reminded me about a lot of statistical problems I did in GCSE maths.
For example, although I'm ranked 1st in my network for 'Person who would make a Better Mother', I only won 3 votes our of a possible 4; i.e 75%.
And I'm ranked 2nd for 'Person I would rather have dinner with', for which I got 100% of the vote (3/3).

Not surprisingly, I am ranked 33rd in my network for 'more tech-savvy'. 0% of 3 votes.

But guess what? For 'more talkative', I won 100% of a whopping 7 votes. 8-) (Actually, maybe that doesn't surprise you either...?!)

To be honest, making a good mother is a far more useful life skill than being an entertaining dinner guest in my opinion. Not that my opinion effects the statistics in any way.


______

Update: since writing this, I have been over taken by someone who is, apparently, 'more talkative' than me.
That person is Mike Pilavachi (Big Loud Greek Man In Equally Loud Poncho Who Heads Up Soul Survivor). A worthy opponent.
And actually, he may have 22 votes, but that represents only 79% of his total votes, and he has a much bigger network than me anyway.

I think it would be bordering on stating the obvious to say that I have the moral victory. =P


Oh, and I also have 100% of the vote for 'rather marry'. Though my charm and sophistication aren't as widely appreciated as it may seem, since there have only been 2 votes in that section! hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home