Monday, September 17, 2007

Ben & Jerry

Towards the end of the summer holidays, I had a lot of time on my hands.

It's true what they say about idle hands, and about the 'youth of today' developing bad habits during the long summer break....sex drugs, rock & roll.....binge drinking.....

Well, I'd just like to say that none of us are infallible.

'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone', and all that.
I yielded to temptation. I put up a good fight, but unfortunately some people are just too practiced in the art of sedcution, and we all have to succumb to the carnal pleasure at some point.
I think you know all who I'm talking about.

Yep, that's right. Ben and Jerry. And their sumptuous cookie dough ice cream.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.......... =)

To cut a long story short, I developed an addiction to it. In a stunning act of self control and determination, I tried to fight the desire by eating half a jar of stuffed olives, but it just left me with an even stronger yearning for the ice cream, and a slightly queasy feeling in my stomach.

So I gave in. Again.

I gained half a stone in a month, and I'm dead serious about that. I've been exactly the same weight, give or take a kilogram, since I was 13. I reached my all time heaviest during this blip. I've lost most of it now, what with starting school again, and all the running around like a headless chicken trying to meet deadlines....but still, let that be a lesson to you.

I was clearing off my desk for the start of the new school year, and amongst the debris were the remains of my sweet summer fling with Ben and Jerry (both of them. I know, shocking).

Then a photo opportunity came to mind:
We didn't name them Ben & Jerry for nothing!
You may notice that they aren't licking out the cookie dough ones...
I'm afraid I relapsed. I wanted to lick them out myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home