Sunday, September 09, 2007

Edinburgh!

I went to the Edinburgh University open day on Friday!

It's the only time I've ever been to Edinburgh, and it really is a stunning city, with loads of beautiful old buildings, and the people are really lovely (if a little hard to understand). Also, being a 'city of literature', you can do tours of all the places of literary importance, and even do a literary pub crawl (not sure how that works...).

The thing is, I found out that there are 29 applicants for every place on the English course, so the chances are, I will never live there, but I'd like to go back on holiday! =)

In the coach on the way back home (it's a long way!) I came up with some really good inventions that will earn me millions, so I won't need to go to University after all. Or if I choose to go anyway, just to pass the time, the fees shouldn't be a problem.

You know how when you get shampoo and conditioner, they come in bottles that are the same size, even though you tend to need more conditioner than shampoo? Well, I think that they should sell the conditioner in a bigger bottle than the shampoo. Because that solves the problem of having a quarter of a bottle of shampoo left over, when you're already having to balance the conditioner upside down, and slap it to get anything out.
Especially since I have a thing about standing bottles upside down. I don't know why, but it just feels unnatural, and wrong somehow. The only time I can justify it is when it's those ketchup bottles that are meant to be upside down. Do you know the ones I mean? They have a really big lid at the bottom, to make a large, stable base, and the top is pointy, so you couldn't put it the other way around even if you wanted to.

.....I digress.

My other invention is muffin coated blueberries. Just because.

1 Comments:

At 10:42 pm, Blogger ianbee said...

did you tell them you have a blog? they'll be sure to let you in then ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home