Saturday, November 17, 2007

Lacking, but by no means lesser.

Ben and Jerry went to the vet this week, and came back...well.....with bits missing.

But they did gain a chip each, so at least if someone tries to steal them, we can prove that they are ours because we now have copies of their barcodes.


I wish I had a barcode. =(


Though I got my fingerprint done for our school registration thing, which is the next best thing I suppose...

I really think they should link the fingerprint registration to the door, because the way it is at the moment, we have to scan our fingerprint to register whether we are going in or out, and then enter a code to unlock the door. It's SOOOO much more 'mission impossible' to link it to the door. And then I'd actually remember to do it.
The thing is, I haven't successfully scanned myself yet, because there are loads of buttons on the fingerprint machine, and I'm not sure which ones I'm meant to press...


And also, at lunch and break there's a mad scramble around the finger print machine because everyone's trying to get it to scan them properly, and to be honest, it's a bit unreliable. It doesn't recognise that many people.
I'm still not sure if it recognises me or not, because I still don't know if I'm pressing the right buttons.


And anyway, we still have to go to registration, 'in case they have to give us messages'.
I think the main point of it is so that they know which site we are at.
In case there's a fire, or a bomb threat, or some overdue coursework...


Anyway, back to Ben and Jerry, they seem to be OK after their trip to the vet, although when they first got back they walked in a really funny way. I'm not sure whether the anaesthetic still hadn't worn off, or whether they were having to adjust to living with certain parts of their anatomy missing.


They seem to be OK now though. I'm not convinced that actually know what they have lost. I think they just feel different, but are unaware that something is missing...

The rest of the family went out today, so I spent some quality time with them. =)

As you can see, Ben isn't very sociable. He preferred the warmth of the fire to the heat radiating from my hot body. ; ) Jerry had the right idea!

Jerry is a little cutie pie

Though, obviously, I'm very fair and don't have favourites....

3 Comments:

At 8:03 am, Blogger Robbie said...

Your school fingerprint you? Thats a tad weird. I know the chances of them checking your details against the National Terrorist Listy-thing is doubtful - can you really be 100% sure they arent? - but whats thd point in using fingerprints if they juct give you numbers to type in on the dors?

 
At 11:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the kitty cat. Very cute. Hey, I know that you don't know me, but can you go on my blog?

 
At 10:01 pm, Blogger Anna said...

I would love to go on your blog, but you kinda have to leave me the link... =P

I'm flattered that you think I'm smart enough to find it without your help though, so thanks! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home