Monday, November 12, 2007

UCAS is Ooooooover!

I submitted my UCAS form today! =)
I'm glad I've got all of that over with!

I changed the last sentence of my personal statement at the last minute. It now reads, 'I believe that the opportunity to gain a degree in English would be instrumental in my search for a rewarding and life enhancing career'.
I'm having second thoughts about it now... =/
Oh well, surely being a bit hyperbolic is a good characteristic in an English student.
Plus, all artists are drama queens. =)

I applied to Royal Holloway, Southampton, Lancaster, Surrey and Goldsmiths.

I'll be very surprised if Southampton accepts me, and very offended if Goldsmiths doesn't, as that's my insurance choice in case nobody else wants me.
I'd LOVE to get into Royal Holloway - that's my first choice, but it's actually harder to get into Lancaster and Southampton... so we'll see.
I decided not to apply to Edinburgh in the end. It's a beautiful city, but I don't know if I want a Scottish MA....or almost certain rejection, for that matter.

The thing about applying to do English is that the rest of the country also has that idea, and funnily enough, the rest of the country also wants to go to the most popular universities, making it very competitive...

I had a dream that I was in Royal Holloway (and living in a really nice flat), but if my dreams are anything to go by, the university I get into should be the least of my worries...

I'll keep you posted!

2 Comments:

At 5:49 pm, Blogger Robbie said...

Good luck with Royal Holloway.
I could never fill in one of those forms, even when we were handing mock ones to "practise answering questions on."
I know they dont really get marked, but I knew had I sent one of it would of come back with lots of red ink and corected spelling mistakes.

 
At 8:58 pm, Blogger Anna said...

Luckily the only corrections I got were written in e-mails!
Since UCAS is all done online, they can't scribble all over it with a red pen!

Though for the people applying to Oxbridge, they had to do a hand written form as well.

Pah. Posh people are so fussy.

Though tbh, I would have applied there if I thought I'd have half a chance of getting in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home