Thursday, January 10, 2008

Be careful what you wish for...

I'm in the middle of writing an essay at the moment, 'L'euthanasie est une forme de meurtre' ('euthanasia is a form of murder' for those of you who couldn't guess that!) and I was looking up words in a dictionary...... and it struck me that there is a difference between a 'dying wish' and a 'death wish'. Quite a big difference.
I'd used the wrong one at first, and then read through what I had written, saw the ambiguity, and thought I'd better check it. Good thing too - it would have changed the whole message of my essay!



_________
In case you were wondering, I won't be writing about Christmas and New Year, because they weren't fantastic. I got that famous bug - before it was famous - and threw up 17 times on Christmas Day. Yes, apparently it is possible to throw up that many times without eating anything. It just gets progressively more painful as time goes on.
They saved my Christmas Dinner, and I had it in a panini for tea on Boxing Day, as I was feeling much better by then.

1 Comments:

At 8:04 am, Blogger Robbie said...

Yikes sounds like Chirstmas was fun round at your house. And what better way to rid those Winter Blues/Illness then to right about euthanasia.
The next time youre not feeling well I recommend some light hearted comedy on the Paramount Channel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home