Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My New Hero!

Mark Malkoff, an American comedian/film maker moved in to Ikea for a week while his house was being fumigated! He didn't leave Ikea for a whole week! Wow!

You can find out all about it at http://www.marklivesinikea.com/
There are lots of videos about the stuff he got up to, including a date he organises with his wife who didn't want to move into Ikea, and then thought he loved Ikea more than he loved her... (which he didn't deny!)

And, as if that isn't enough, he also visited all 171 branches of Starbucks in Manhattan in one day. He also bought something at each one... I'm assuming they weren't all cups of coffee. The caffeine in 171 coffees all consumed in 24 hours could have an interesting effect.... perhaps that's how he managed to visit every branch? By making himself really hyperactive?

Anyway, find out about that at http://www.171starbucks.com/

But yeah....Ikea and Starbucks are, like, my FAVOURITE places on the planet.
In my opinion, the real wonders of the world.
I mean, were the pyramids flat packed? No.
Could you get an iced-decaf-triple-grande-java chip-frappuccino with whipped cream and chocolate flakes at the Temple of Artemis? I think not.
And I'd choose that twin tailed mermaid in the Starbucks logo than that statue of Zeus any day!
Furthermore, it would appear that Starbucks coffee has life saving properties. ; )




2 Comments:

At 10:01 am, Blogger Robbie said...

I heard about this guy who lived in Ikea. If you had to move out of your house for a week where would you live? Would it also be Ikea?
I think I'd chose something like Toys R Us.

 
At 4:49 pm, Blogger Anna said...

Yeah, it'd DEFINITELY be Ikea.

2nd choice would be Starbucks, but they don't have beds there which is a bit of a drawback.

Though perhaps after all that caffeine I wouldn't need sleep?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home