Wednesday, October 12, 2005

1/2 way through the week...FINALLY!

This week is really dragging.....

Today was a very long day...I didnt leave school till 5:30 coz I was at an AS Human Biology lesson. Its really interesting stuff, but its really intense (1 lesson per week, 3:20 - 5:30pm) and since its meant for A Level rather than GCSE, I sometimes get a bit dazed by all the information.

I have invented a new way of remembering the key words!!! I put them into everyday sentences (not necessarily in context). Admittedly, it doesnt help me to remember the meanings, but it helps the words to stick in my head.
For example, yesterday I called my Dad a macrophage. So now I have remembered the word! (Ive also miraculously remembered the meaning - its a huge leucocyte!). OK, it maybe people have been put in mental institutes for less than calling someone a macrophage before, but this may help me.

People get called really wierd things sometimes. At the moment, a bunch of girls in my physics class keep calling people "A Ugandan Bush Rat" which apparently is the "Ultimate Cuss". My friend did a google image search for a ugandan bush rat, and apparently it doesnt exist. (theres lots of rats in Uganda, but not a 'Ugandan bush rat').
So there you go.... you learn something new every day!

Is it really true that you learn something new every day?! If you're still in school, then hopefully you do. But what about old retired people? I spose they could learn a new word while doing a crossword or watching countdown or something.....

When I was listening to the Xfm this morning, Chris Smith (I even know the news guy's name....how sad....) said that in a recent survey about how many people know the offside rule, 59% of women said yes, and only 55% of men said yes.
Men are always victimising women about not knowing the proper rules of football (especially during the world cup), but apparently women know more!!!
I tried to see if this was true by conducting my own survey during maths, but theres only girls in my class. Out of the 19 people I asked, 7 said yes and 12 said no. (My physics teacher said yes!). I havent asked any boys yet...

Also, I heard the new song by The Darkness ('One way ticket to Hell'), and spotted a huge and very annoying mistake. In the chorus, Justin repeatedly sings 'One way ticket to hell and back...' but surely that would be a return ticket and not a one way ticket...?!
I was discussing this at school, and Sinead rightly said, "He should've got an oyster card!"
Very true!

Incidently, the picture on my oyster card doesnt really look like me, which makes it pretty pointless from an identification point of view. Phelan (otherwise known as Natalie) said that I look like Angelina Jolie in 'Girl Interrupted'. That is not a good thing. Firstly, coz I wouldnt wanna look like Angelina Jolie. And secondly, coz 'Girl Interrupted' is all about girls in a lunatic's assylum, and Angelina Jolie acts as someone who kills a lot of people... =(

I cried for 2 hours after watching Girl Interrupted, coz I thought I was a bit crazy as well since some of the girls in the hospital were a lot like me...!!!
Does that fact that I cried after watching a video about crazy people, coz I thought I was crazy too, make me crazy?! Hmm.....
It was a really sad (and slightly scary) video anyway, so maybe thats more the reason why I cried...?!
Or maybe I really am crazy?!?!?!?!

Actually, I cant be.... coz some of my friends cried after they saw it as well. And we cant ALL be crazy....
Unless thats the only reason why we are friends?!

Hmmm....

Spaz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home