Sunday, January 01, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well, its already the 1st January 2006!!!
So heres a list of my highlights from 2005:
- Canada this summer. It was my first time on holiday outside of England on my own. (My first time having to fly on my own!!! Also the longest I've spent away from family - 5 weeks.) and I had a GREAT time!!!
- PEEING ON THE CAMPFIRE!!!! Probably one of the most skillful things I've done this year.
-The 'Paperclip Challenge'. I know that it's sad to put a science competition on this list, but it really was cool to be able to represent my school and to do something I enjoy and know I'm good at. And we did really well, considering we were competing against people who were a good few years older than us! And WE BEAT THEM and got through to the county championships - the final 5 in the country! That was definitely my most genius moment!!!
- The London Bombings this summer will have to go on the list, but not coz they are a good thing. I think that on that day I grew emotionally, spiritually and politically. If I hadn't been in London when it happened, it probably wouldn't have effected me that way...

Uhhhhh...... I'm trying to think of more highlights... I cant actually remember much of what happened this year. I'm getting tired now, and my whole life has kinda merged into one year...

Anyway, 2005 has probably been one of the hardest years of my life, and also one of the most worthwhile. I've come a long way, and learnt a lot of lessons that will help me in future (unfortunately many of them were learnt the hard way. Which is a lesson in itself...).

But WOW!!!!! It seems like only a few weeks ago I was celebrating the start of 2005!

Although soooo much has happened between now and then, and I feel like a totally different person.
I remember thinking that I was so old this time last year because I was nearly 15. I thought it meant that I was really mature, and knew what was best for me, and didn't need anyone else.
Now that I'm nearly 16, I realise that I'm still really young! (It actually scares me that I'll be starting 6th form later this year - I really dont feel old enough!!!) I definitely still need other people telling me what to do and how to do it - even if it gets kinda patronising sometimes!

Im gonna be 16 in 16 days!!!!!!!!!!
Im gonna be LEGAL!!!!! For some things, anyway...
But (and this is a sign of my new found maturity) I think the government has got it wrong, so I'm going to show self control and restraint.
It'll be interesting to see how that turns out! haha

Here's my Top 40 Songs of all time: (This is as I'm feeling at the moment - this list changes daily...) And these aren't necessarily in order - that would be too hard...
1) Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
2) Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
3) Hear You Me - Jimmy Eat World
4) Kiss Me - Sixpence None The Richer
5) Wonderwall - Oasis
6) Song 2 - Blur
7) All You Need Is Love - Beatles
8) Paridise City - Guns n Roses
9) My Happy Ending - Avril Lavigne
10) Wake Me Up When September Ends - Greenday
11) By The Way - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
12) California - Phantom Planet
13) Empty Apartment - Yellowcard
14) Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
15) She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
16) You're Beautiful - James Blunt
17) I Don't Want To Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
18) Closest Thing To Crazy - Katie Melua
19) I love Rock n Roll - Joan Jett
20) There She Goes - The La's
21) Fix You - Coldplay
22) I'm A Believer - Monkees
23) Why Does It Always Rain On Me - Travis
24) Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - U2
25) Cannonball - Damien Rice
26) Friday I'm In Love - The Cure
27) Man On The Moon - REM
28) Wires - Athlete
29) Children of the Revolution - T-Rex
30) Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall
31) Have I Told You Lately - Van Morrisson
32) The Wall - Pink Floyd
33) Lola - The Kinks
34) London Calling - The Clash
35) Breakdown - Jack Johnson
36) Cool - Gwen Stefani
37) Best Of You - Foo Fighters
38) JCB Song - Nizlopi
39) Advertising Space - Robbie Williams
40) Rain Fall Down - Rolling Stones

Hmmm.... theres probably loads more brilliant songs out there that I've missed out.

And for the record: this is a list of the top 40 tracks of all time. It doesn't necessarily mean I like all these bands... and it doesn't mean that if I left bands off the list, they aren't worthy of being on it. (But I did make sure I only used one song from each artist... )
I will definitely do another one of these lists. It took me ages, but its a lot of fun! =D
I'm off to bed now!

Ohhhh!!! I forgot new years resolutions!!!
Ahh....never mind. I always give them up for Lent. (which I think is a really good idea. If you have to give something up, why not make it something you didn't plan on doing anyway?!)

This year (as an example of my new maturity) I will make proper resolutions. I'm just now gonna do it now... I'll wait til I'm thinking properly.

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
...let's hope it's a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home