Saturday, December 09, 2006

Christmas!

I think that the way I did Christmas this year kinda reflects the rest of my life at the moment.
I didn't manage to get my advent calendar until the 8th December. By the 12th December I had eaten all the chocolates up to the 19th December. After that, I lost the advent calendar, and I still haven't found it.

This year, rather than traipsing around London like last year, Emma, Phelan, Lobs Tanz and Me decided to cook our own Christmas Dinner. It turned out to be a very interesting, edcuational and enjoyable weekend. =)


Here are some photos from our Christmas weekend!



Tanya and Emma.

Note Phelan's newly painted bedroom walls. =)



Emma, proudly displaying her new Captain Jack Sparrow action figure - complete with bottle of rum.




Phelan and Elizabeth - spreading the love.

Proof that Emma is a bad influence on the rest of us.

Phelan and Elizabeth, making a big noise while the rest of us were trying to watch Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

Elizabeth, Me and Emma, after being woken up the following morning.


Emma, proving to me that it is, in fact, possible to make Yorkshire Puddings yourself. Until then, I was convinced that 'Aunt Bessie' was the only person who knew how to make them, and that they were only available from the frozen food departments of supermarkets.


Nearly all the food was finished by this point.
Phelan and Elizabeth were stressing over the Roast/Mashed Potatoes. (deciding what mush in the dish could be described as, and working out whether it could be salvaged).



This is Elizabeth filming us while we were trying to drink shots of Brandy Sauce.



One of my famous 'M&M Cakes'. They always manage to end up looking like they have already been eaten, and then regurgitated back onto the plate, but that actually taste quite good. I promise....

I can cook some things, despite what previous posts may seem to have indicated.


When we were going to set fire to the Christmas Pudding, Elizabeth (always the responsible one) said there was no way she would let us do in in the house, because we'd probably burn the whole place down (does she think we are total idiots?). We went out into the garden, and it was freezing cold, and really windy, so it wouldn't light...
When we went back inside, nobody felt like eating it because it was so covered in vodka. (I know brandy is more traditional, but we couldn't find any...)

Anyway, HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! =)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home